Valentine’s Day

Worst Holiday for Singles

Quinn D. Gust, Staff writer

Every time February 14th comes by, people say it is the most romantic holiday ever. Well sorry to burst your bubble of love, but if you’re single, it’s not great at all. Each year on Valentine’s Day is like having everyone around you with the latest game, talking about how awesome it is while you don’t have it and you are sad about it. You can argue that having family around is better than having a girlfriend on Valentine’s Day, but most people have that pleasure as well. In fact, studies have shown that around the holidays, suicide is committed more often. Specially for a holiday centered around love, people are more likely to take their own lives if they don’t feel loved. But there are some advantages of being single on Valentine’s Day.

One thing single people have that couples don’t is more time to spend with your friends, who are probably single as well. You might being saying to yourself, “But I do that everyday.” I say this because you can lose those same friends if you are not careful when dating. Being single makes them stay your friends without having to juggle both your friends and your partner. Another positive thing of being single is that you are not alone. There are other people out there in search of a one night stand of a date, so go out and meet them. Who knows, they might be your future partner. There is also the candy for Valentine’s Day. Since you don’t have to buy it for anyone else, you can treat yourself to a delicious piece of chocolate. From the taste to the texture, you can bring joy to yourself when eating it.

Whatever you choose to do on Valentine’s Day is up to you. Go out, get your friends and hangout, or try to find a date. Or even better, you can simply stay home and reward yourself with whatever you want. You can always find the positive side to anything if you think about it, so be happy you have the option to choose what you can do with your life, and live it like it’s your last day.