Rumored Conor Mcgregor vs. Floyd Mayweather $500 million rematch in the Octagon

Back to Article
Back to Article

Jose Estrada, Staff Writer

Conor Mcgregor and Floyd Mayweather, who squared off in a boxing match last August, have been hinting a mixed martial arts bout of late, and there’s apparently a chance it’ll actually happen.

As stated by boxing journalist Gareth A. Davies, the negotiations are ongoing and he believes we’re going to see the two go toe-to-toe in an MMA match.

Conversing with Jim White on talkSport, Davies says, “I think it’s going to happen, and I think it will be a three-,four-,five-hundred million dollar fight again”.

Mayweather has repeatedly hinted he may soon make his debut in the octagon and continuously traded blows  with Mcgregor on social media teasing the idea and even posting a video in January of himself in the octagon saying “2018 Floyd ‘Money’ Mayweather, MMA. what are the odds, Paddy? What are the odds?”

Davies tells talkSport’s Jim White that the talks of a Mayweather vs Mcgregor sequel are ongoing.“My surroundings are that there are a lot of talks going on in the background, there are a lot of talks with people around Mayweather. There are a lot of talks about him potentially having an MMA fight with Conor Mcgregor. Conor Mcgregor had no chance in a boxing match with Floyd Mayweather. People will  tune in to see Mayweather get stopped by Conor Mcgregor, and it won’t affect his boxing record.”

Mcgregor would more than likely welcome another crack at Money Mayweather, especially on his own stomping grounds, and the fans would undoubtedly pay to see it. Mcgregor has not fought in the UFC since defeating Eddie Alvarez in the Lightweight division belt at UFC 205.

Jose Estrada, Staff Writer

Jose Estrada is currently a junior at San Pedro High School Born in Nashville, Tennessee, Jose moved around a lot as a child, but was raised in San Pedro...