Pirate New Year’s Resolutions

Juanantonio Gutierrez, Staff Writer

Where do New Year’s Resolutions come from?  According to Wikipedia, they date as far back as the Babylonian empire in 18449 B.C.  The Babylonians made promises to their gods at the start of each year that they would return borrowed objects and pay their debts.  Even The Romans began each year by making promises to the god Janus, for whom the month of January is named.  A New Year’s resolution is a tradition, most common in the Western Hemisphere but also found in the Eastern Hemisphere, in which a person resolves to change an undesired trait or behavior, to accomplish a personal goal or otherwise improve their life.   The following Pirate New Year’s Resolutions come from our own Fore N Aft staff.  You can share your resolutions below and take part in our poll.  Happy New Year!

“My New Year’s Resolution that I intend to accomplish is being able to remain positive along with feeding of positivity to all who encounter me.” — Astrid Valadez

“For my New Year’s Resolution, I want to care about things more.  I’m laid back at times when I need to focus and it’s juts messing things up for me.” — Isaac Gutierrez

“My New Year’s Resolution is completing my Edgenuity class with A’s since I didn’t pass the original class with an A.  I would like to better myself as a student.”  Jose Estrada

“My New Year’s Resolution is to stop procrastinating and graduate high school” — Christian Quintana

“My plans for 2018 are to start exercising and change my diet for the next 6 months and lose 20 lbs and come to class on time.” — Frank Figueroa

“My New Year’s Resolution for this year is to stop procrastinating all the time with homework so I am not so stressed out with deadlines” — Arianna Hernandez

“My New Year’s Resolution is to pass all my classes, be a better athlete, and help out my mom.” — Marc Salceda

“My New Year’s Resolution is to be a better young man and put out at least 3 issues of the Fore N Aft” – Dylan Almodiel

“My New Year’s Resolution is to do better in school this years and pass with all A’s and B’s . I also want to buy the car I’ve been saving for by June.”  — Haley Bryant

“My three goals for 2018 are to care less about germs, embrace my genetics, and graduate” — Jesus Gutierrez

“I want to improve myself and remember things better, get stronger, and open myself up to new experiences.” — Quinn Gust

“To stop procrastinating, and not have to rush through my assignments; to stay off the phone before bed and go to sleep; to read more which I would do if I wasn’t on my phone so often” — Andrea De Avila

Share your resolutions below and take our poll.

Have you kept your New Year's Resolutions?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...