Justice League

Jaime Marquez

Justice League is the continuation of Batman vs. Superman, a movie which was criticized for its story being all over the place. Justice League gives the franchise another chance and offering the audience a superior superhero alliance.

Justice League stays truer to the characters and personalities they have in the comics. The film should have gone more into depth about Steppenwolf, the villain of the whole movie who is intent on destroying the world. He looks nothing like the comics and his character was not fleshed out.

Fortunately, humor is more present in Justice League than Batman vs. Superman, as well, it is used in the way Batman (Ben Affleck)  and Wonder Woman (Gal Gadot) assemble their whole team by looking for people who have supernatural powers in order to help them to save the world from the greater evil. Most of these heroes who Batman and Wonder Woman recruit such as the Flash, Cyborg, and Aquaman don’t have their own personal movies yet, but they all get a great introduction in this film.

Justice League is about solidarity rather than flying and soaring solo, so the movie spends considerable time piecing together its newest parts: the Flash, a.k.a. Barry Allen (Ezra Miller), a zippy wisenheimer wreathed in lightning; Aquaman, a.k.a. Arthur Curry (Jason Momoa), an underwater tough with a chest full of muscles and tattoos; and Cyborg, a.k.a. Victor Stone (Ray Fisher), a machine man built from metal and serious attitude.

Justice League settles into a groove once it finds its gang. As Batman moodily pushes and prods and Wonder-Diana smiles and smirks, the newbies jockey for position. The Flash gets most of the best jokes, and Mr. Miller makes most of them work, largely in the role of in-house fanboy with a touch of the Cowardly Lion. It’s golly-gee stuff, but it’s also human.

Personally I really recommend this movie to those who really enjoy action and humor.  It’s a major improvement from its previous film Batman vs. Superman. On a scale from 1 through 10,  I would consider it as 7  which is not a bad score for a movie trying to improve from its previous film.